Camberwell Primary School in Melbourne, Australia is looking for a Principal who has experience in a English/French bilingual setting.
The role of the principal is to lead and manage the planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the education of all students in a community through the deployment of resources provided by the Department and the school community.
At the same time, the principal, as executive officer of the school council, must ensure that adequate and appropriate advice is provided to the council on educational and other matters, that the decisions of the council are implemented and that adequate support and resources are provided for the conduct of council meetings.
The principal is accountable for the overall management and development of the school within statewide guidelines and Government policies. A clear set of accountabilities, which distinguish their work from other members of the Teaching Service and the education community are set out in detail in the contract of employment.
The core accountabilities of all principals are to:
- ensure the delivery of a comprehensive education program to all students
- be executive officer of the school council.
- establish and manage financial systems in accordance with the Department and school council requirements.
- represent the Department in the school and the local community.
- implement decisions of the school council.
- contribute to system-wide activities, including policy and strategic planning and development.
- manage and integrate the resources available to the school.
- appropriately involve staff, students and the community in the development, implementation and review of school policies, programs and operations.
- report to the Department, school community, parents and students on the achievements of the school and of individual students as appropriate.
Demonstrated capacity to effectively optimise the school's financial,
physical and human resources through sound management practices and
organisational systems and processes that contribute to the
implementation of the school's vision and goals.
Demonstrated ability to foster a safe, purposeful and inclusive learning
environment, and the capacity to develop constructive and respectful
relationships with staff, students, parents and other stakeholders.
Demonstrated capacity to lead, manage and monitor the school
improvement process through a current and critical understanding of the
learning process and its implications for enhancing high quality teaching
and learning in every classroom in the school.
Demonstrated capacity to model important values and behaviours to the
school and community, including a commitment to creating and
sustaining effective professional learning communities within the school,
and across all levels of the system.
An understanding of the characteristics of Effective Schools and a
demonstrated capacity to lead the school community in promoting a
vision of the future, underpinned by common purposes and values that
will secure the commitment and alignment of stakeholders to realise the
potential of all students.
A demonstrated ability and commitment to lead, oversee and integrate a specifically tailored and/or specialist program similar to the CPS French Immersion Bi Lingual program would be highly regarded.